Installing Berkeley UPC with SGI MIPSpro compiler

From: P Mehta ([email protected])
Date: Thu May 27 2004 - 10:32:55 PDT

    Hi,

      I had originally installed Berkeley UPC on my SGI Irix 6.5 machine using
    gcc as the default C compiler.  Now, however, for a better comparison with
    other systems, I wish to use the native SGI C compiler.  Unfortunately,
    when I try to compile the BUPC compiler, the compilation invokes a number
    of flags that the SGI MIPSpro compiler does not recognize, including -O4,
    -fast, -noifo -t and -msg_disable.  Is there anyway I can work around this
    problem, and install the compiler?

    Thanks,

    Paras Mehta