Re: Allocation of Large Shared Arrays

From: Costin Iancu (cciancu_at_lbl_dot_gov)
Date: Wed Jun 22 2005 - 17:45:49 PDT

    Jonathan, there's an open bug for allocating large areas of memory
    http://mantis.lbl.gov/bugzilla - bug 1140

    It might be that the same scenario happens in your application.

    I remember I had similar problems  on Seaborg some time ago. Whenever an
    application uses large areas of memory, you need to pass special linker
    options to xlc. I don't remember the exact  syntax, but it should be in
    the man pages for xlc . It was something like -bmaxdata=...

    In order to have our tools  passing the option to the backend compiler
    and linker, you need to add "-Wc,-bmaxdata=..." and -Wl,-bmaxdata=..."
    to the upcc comand line.

    Hope this helps,
    Costin

    --
    Costin C. Iancu                                 cciancu_at_lbl_dot_gov
    Future Technologies Group                       Phone: 510-495-2122