Re: Error translating "hello UPC world"

jcduell_at_lbl_dot_gov
Date: Thu Jun 23 2005 - 11:27:35 PDT

    On Thu, Jun 23, 2005 at 01:14:12PM -0400, Marc L. Smith wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I moved on to example 1.2 from the new UPC text, "UPC: Distributed
    > Shared Memory Programming," by El-Ghazawi, Carlson, Sterling, and
    > Yelick.  This is the first program that includes the <upc.h> header
    > file...
    >
    > I cat'd in my transcript the .upc file I'm trying to compile, in
    > addition to what happens when I compile.  I'm using the public
    > translator.  I'm sure I'm missing something, as this is the first
    > program I've tried to compile that includes one of the UPC headers.
    > If someone could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.
    >
    > When I use the -stable translator, it yields an error and tells me to
    > report it as a bug.  I haven't done so yet, because I may still be
    > doing something silly.
    >
    > Please advise.

    This is most unusual.

    Could you send me the output of 'upcc -version', and also (if you've
    still got your build directory around) the 'config.log' that was created
    when you built the runtime?

    Also, how do things go if you try our nightly translator, i.e.

        upcc -nightly --network udp -o hello -T 4 helloworld2.upc

    Hopefully we'll be able to sort this out in short order.

    Regards,

    --
    Jason Duell             Future Technologies Group
    <jcduell_at_lbl_dot_gov>       Computational Research Division