Re: Error translating "hello UPC world"

From: Dan Bonachea (bonachea_at_cs_dot_berkeley_dot_edu)
Date: Thu Jun 23 2005 - 11:33:18 PDT

    At 10:14 AM 6/23/2005, Marc L. Smith wrote:
    >Hi all,
    >
    >I moved on to example 1.2 from the new UPC text, "UPC: Distributed
    >Shared Memory Programming," by El-Ghazawi, Carlson, Sterling, and
    >Yelick.  This is the first program that includes the <upc.h> header
    >file...
    >
    >I cat'd in my transcript the .upc file I'm trying to compile, in
    >addition to what happens when I compile.  I'm using the public
    >translator.  I'm sure I'm missing something, as this is the first
    >program I've tried to compile that includes one of the UPC headers.
    >If someone could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

    I don't see anything wrong with your program - it certainly should work, but I
    cannot reproduce the failure locally using any version of our software. I
    suspect something must be wrong with your build/install, or possibly something
    unusual with the platform.

    Please submit a bug report at http://upc-bugs.lbl.gov with complete platform
    and version information. It would also be helpful to include the output from
    compiling with upcc --settings, upcc --verbose and the preprocessed output
    from upcc -E

    Dan