Re: Error translating "hello UPC world"

From: Marc L. Smith (mlsmith_at_colby_dot_edu)
Date: Thu Jun 23 2005 - 12:50:31 PDT

    Hi Jason,

    I think I get the same error from 2.1 -- here's the transcript:

    ~~~
    mlsmith@n1:~/upc> upcc --network udp -o hello -T 4 helloworld2.upc
    Error during remote HTTP translation:
    upcc: error during UPC-to-C translation (sgiupc stage):
    Error: Signal Segmentation fault in phase Writing WHIRL file --
    processing aborted
    sgiupc ERROR:  /usr/local/upc/2.1/translator/compilers/open64/
    osprey1.0/build_ia64/gccfe/gfec died due to signal 4

    mlsmith@n1:~/upc>
    ~~~

    In my haste to build 2.1.0 beta, I overwrote my 2.0.1 build (didn't
    change the configure options for the new prefix).  I thought I was
    doing a good thing going with the Intel compiler, but perhaps I
    should switch back to GNU???

    -Marc