Installation GCC error

From: Rafik Salama (rsalama_at_citglobal_dot_com)
Date: Thu Dec 01 2005 - 01:54:37 PST

    Dear Sirs

    I am trying to install the UPC on a cluster on our university to do some
    benchmarks, but every time I try to install it, I get error

    "checking working C++ compiler executables... no

    configure error: Cannot run executables created with C++ compiler. If you're
    attempting to cross-compile

    configure: error: See /home/rsalama/GASNet-1.6/config.log for details."

    Although I am using g++ as the c++ compiler of version 4.0.2.

    Our cluster in the university is described here
    http://www.cs.aucegypt.edu/~cluster

    Please reply ASAP

    Thanks

    Rafik Salama