Profiler

From: Sirisha Muppavarapu (sirisham_at_cs_dot_unm_dot_edu)
Date: Fri Dec 02 2005 - 13:47:07 PST

    Hello Everybody...

    I am trying to profile my UPC code and analyse its performance as the number
    of threads increase. I am getting a good scale up. But, When I installed UPC
    with --enable-debug option and I compile my code with -pg option and run it,
    it says

    "This application was built from a Berkeley UPC installation that
     was configured and built with these optional features enabled:
            debugging tracing statistics
     This usually has a SERIOUS impact on performance, so you should NOT
     trust any performance numbers reported in this program run!!!

     To suppress this message, pass '-quiet' to the upcrun command or set
     the UPC_NO_WARN or UPC_QUIET environment variables."

    My question is: Can I rely on the numbers it gives in the profiled information
    obtained by executing "gprof a.out > result.txt"  for my analysis? (i.e the
    numbers-time,%time given per method). How else can will I know abt the
    performance if not for using the profiler?

    Plz suggest

    Thanks
    Sirisha

    Sirisha Muppavarapu