Questions on Berkeley UPC network support

From: Jonathan Day (jday_at_lightfleet_dot_com)
Date: Fri Dec 02 2005 - 15:42:31 PST

    Hi,

    A quick question - are there any plans to add support for any of the
    following to Berkeley's UPC? (I'm listing them in order of priority of
    interest to the development group I'm working with)

    OpenIB Infiniband
    OpenMOSIX (with or without Distributed Shared Memory)
    MPI 2 (in particular the OpenMPI implementation)
    HyperTransport
    Bulk Synchronous Protocol (again, I'm mostly interested in the TUB
    implementation)

    Also, for architectures, would there be any interested in supporting the
    MIPS64 processor? We're going to be using the (somewhat saner!) AMD
    Opteron, which I believe Berkeley's UPC software already supports, but
    we're also using the Broadcom 1250 (a.k.a. SiByte SB1) which is a
    dual-core processor based on the 64-bit MIPS specification.

    Any information, suggestions or (in the case of the SB1, sympathy) would
    be appreciated.

    Jonathan Day