Dual Processor Machines

From: Eric Frederich (eric.frederich_at_gmail_dot_com)
Date: Tue Dec 06 2005 - 07:26:55 PST

    I plan on doing some benchmarking of various parts of UPC.  My test setup at
    work consists of about 40 or so Linux workstations each with two Opteron
    processors.
    I am wondering what is the best way to run parallel programs on these
    machines?
    Should I list each workstation twice in $UPC_NODES or just once?
    Should I pass -pthreads to upcc to enable pthread support?
    What aguments should I use with upcrun (-n -nodes -c and -p)?

    Thanks,
    ~Eric