Re: building libgasnet-smp-seq.a ...

From: Konstantin Kleisouris (kkonst_at_cs_dot_rutgers_dot_edu)
Date: Sat Sep 23 2006 - 17:24:36 PDT

    Hi everyone,

       I tried the approached proposed by Dan and Paul.
       So, Dan proposed that I should add the following two lines to the
    top of the gasnet_mmap.c file.

    #define GASNETI_MMAP_FLAGS (MAP_PRIVATE | MAP_NORESERVE)
    #define GASNETI_MMAP_FILE "/dev/zero"

       gmake succeeded, but when I type "upcc --version" I get the
    following messages:
       UPC-to-C translator  | <unable to determine>
       Runtime interface #  | Runtime supports 3.0 -> 3.6: Translator uses
    <unable to | determine>

       check the versiondan.txt file that I have attached to the current
    e-mail. Also, I tried to compile one of my upc programs with the upcc
    that was generated after doing "make install". Check below what I get:

    ../UPC/bin/upcc -o M1IntraInter rand1.c util.c M1IntraInter.c slice.c
    train_data.c radixb_par.c radix_local.c -DRAND_FILE=\"`pwd`/randfile\"
    -lm -pthreads=4
    upcc: error during preprocessing:
    syntax error at -e line 2, near "if"
    Backslash found where operator expected at -e line 2, near ") \"
            (Missing operator before \?)
    syntax error at -e line 3, near ";}"
    make: *** [rand1.ipre2] Error 255

       I also tried Paul's approach which was to replace MAP_ANON with
    MAP_ANONYMOUS on line 43 of gasnet/gasnet_mmap.c

       gmake failed to build libgasnet-smp-seq.a. I have attached a
    gmakepaul.txt file to the current e-mail so that you see what messages
    I get.

    Kosta