Issue using UPC on Opteron Cluster

From: Alexandre Chauvin (alexandre.chauvin_at_gmail_dot_com)
Date: Fri Nov 03 2006 - 01:30:30 PST

    Hello All --

    I am facing some issues when trying to run a UPC code on an Opteron Cluster
    environement. I am quite newbie with UPC so the answer could be very
    trivial. Could you please have a look?

    I would like to use my whole cluster to do a sort. But, if the code goes
    very fast when using 8GB memory with pthreads within a single node, it goes
    very slow as soon as I try to use multiple nodes.

    I tried both vapi and mpi conducts -- infiniband interconnect -- but
    performance was very bad. It went from 1min on 1 node to more than 20mins
    when using 2nodes!

    Is it something particular I should do to use multiple nodes mode
    efficiently?