Re: Install problem....

From: Dan Bonachea (bonachea_at_cs_dot_berkeley_dot_edu)
Date: Fri Dec 14 2007 - 03:52:29 PST

    Hello Jose - Apologies for the problems
    encountered, and thanks for the bug report - I've
    reproduced the problem by installing Xcode 2.2.1 on one of our test machines.

    The error is caused by a workaround for a bug in
    Apple's PPC math.h system header which shipped in
    old versions of XCode (version 2.2.1 dates back
    to Jan 2006). Our release version was incorrectly
    also applying the workaround to old versions of
    XCode on i686, which led to the error.

    The easiest fix is probably to install the latest
    version of XCode (2.5), which you can download
    here: http://developer.apple.com/tools/xcode/
    It includes many fixes and improvements relative
    to v2.2.1, and should solve this issue as well.

    If you'd prefer not to upgrade XCode, I'm also
    attaching a patch that you can apply to your
    Berkeley UPC install to resolve the issue. To
    apply it, cd into the install directory and do:

      patch -p1 < bug2217-patch

    Hope this helps!
    -Dan