--disable-aligned-segments in GASNet library ?

From: Jorge D'Elia (jdelia_at_intec_dot_unl_dot_edu.ar)
Date: Mon Feb 04 2008 - 07:19:26 PST

    Dear developers,

    We have installed OK the UPCC-2.6.0 compiler on a Beowulf cluster
    (some technical details at the end of this message) and, as a
    first step, we use the "mpi conduit".

    Then, testing with the "upc-examples" subdirectory and set
    "export UPCC_FLAGS = -network mpi" in its Makefile and

    gmake examples 2>&1 | tee gmake-examples.log
    gmake runall 2>&1 | tee gmake-runall.log

    the following WARNING issue is shown:

    "WARNING: It appears your compute nodes are using a Linux security
    feature which intentionally randomizes the virtual address space,
    but GASNet was configured to optimize for congruent address spaces.
    You probably need to re-configure with --disable-aligned-segments
    to avoid errors at job startup (especially for runs with large node
    count or shared segment size)"

    We saw this warning before in a previous installation for other
    package and we know how to re-configure and build the GASNet library
    with such flag.

    But, how can we do the same task using the "configure" or the "make"
    of the UPCC compiler for the GASNet library included in the
    distribution ?

    Can someone give some suggestion for perform this optimization, please?

    Regards in advance,
    Jorge D'Elia.
    ---
    CIMEC, http://venus.ceride.gov.ar/cimec
    INTEC, Guemes 3450, 3000-Santa Fe, ARGENTINA
    tel: +54-342-451.15.94, int. 1018
    fax: +54-342-455.09.44
    Universidad Nacional del Litoral (UNL)
    Consejo Nacional de Investigaciones Cientificas y Tecnicas (CONICET)

    ----
    PD:

    1) Our Beowulf cluster is built with IA-32 P4 nodes and a Gigabit
    ethernet
    network. Software include MPICH2-1.0.6, ifort-9.0, gcc-3.4.6 and Linux
    2.6.9-22.0.1.ELsmp (Scientific Linux).

    2) The P4 nodes are Prescott ones of 3.0 GHz, motherboards Intel 3.0
    GHz with Gigabit Lan on board, 2GB RAM and 400 MHz DDR.

    3) The network is composed with two ethernet switchs of 1 Gbit/s,
    ethernet 3Com SuperStack 3 Switch 3870 and 48 ports each.