memory leaks with upc_all_alloc

From: James Noble (james.at.brown_at_gmail_dot_com)
Date: Tue Apr 01 2008 - 14:03:52 PST

    I've attached a program that may expose a bug with upc_all_alloc.  On
    my mac (Intel), freeing memory allocated from upc_all_alloc doesn't
    seem to free it at all.  Memory consumption blows up pretty quickly so
    I think there might be a bug with upc_all_alloc and/or upc_free.  On
    Linux (Intel), I'm not sure if it is a memory leak or not ... memory
    consumption does creep up a bit (for the smp conduit) but no where as
    fast as my mac.  For the udp conduit Linux also blows up quickly.

    The other two shared memory allocation functions upc_alloc and
    upc_global_alloc seems to be OK.

    The specs of the machines and software are: Mac mini OS X 10.5 with
    BUPC 2.6.0 on a Core Duo cpu.  The Linux box is
    a CentOS 4.? with gcc 3.4.5 with BUPC 2.6.0 on a Quad core Xeon.  I've
    observed the behavior for both the smp and udp conduit.

    --
    James Noble

    Box F
    Division of Applied Mathematics