Compiler support for XP64?

From: Charles Mott (Charles_Mott_at_raytheon_dot_com)
Date: Tue Apr 08 2008 - 15:36:01 PDT

    I'm interested in UPC software which will compile in 64-bit mode for Linux and Windows.  As I am interested in matlab callable functions, my experience has been that only the Microsoft C compiler will support both 64-bits as well as link in with MEX under Windows.

    On the supported compilers page, I don't see MS Visual C.

    Do users consider UPC a good choice for small parallel systems (4 to 8 cores)?  The semantics seem straightforward, and I like the fact the software can generalize to non-shared memory architectures.

       -- Charles Mott