Install question

From: Jeremy Cowles (jeremy.cowles_at_gmail_dot_com)
Date: Sun Jul 20 2008 - 12:22:02 PDT

    Hi,

    I am having a problem installing the Berkeley UPC runtime (2.6.0). I've done
    the following:

      $ ./configure (no options)
           > had permission issues, but completed with success after a few runs

      $ ./make
           > multiple permissions issues, same as above

      $ ./make install
           > make: `install' is up to date.

      $ ./make install-local
           > (this completed ok)

    However, when I run upcc I get:

      $ upcc
    WARNING: skipping match for opt, because
    /usr/local/berkeley_upc/opt/bin/upcc.pl
    does not exist.
     You may need to update your Berkeley UPC install or the configure file at:
    /usr/local/berkeley_upc/
    etc/multiconf.conf
    ERROR: No matching Berkeley UPC configuration found in
    /usr/local/berkeley_upc/etc/multiconf.conf!

    I do have a /usr/local/berkeley_upc/etc/multiconf.conf, unmodified.
    Also, this is the /usr/local/berkeley_upc listing:

    /usr/local/berkeley_upc$ ls -R
    .:
    bin  etc

    ./bin:
    upcc  upcc_multi  upcc_multi.pl

    ./etc:
    multiconf.conf

    Which seems really slim.
    I am running
          Vista ultimate with Cygwin,
          gcc 3.4.4, and
          all the requirements listed on the Cygwin install notes.
          I have no MPI compiler.

    But the build does seem to work when I run upcc from the directory where i
    ./configured & made it:

    ~/Desktop/berkeley_upc-2.6.0
        $ ./upcc
    upcc: Error: no input files

    And from this location, I can compile and run the hello.upc test.

    ~/Desktop/berkeley_upc-2.6.0/upc-examples
        $ ../upcrun -n 2 hello
    UPCR: UPC threads 0..1 of 2 on toaster (process 0 of 1, pid=561368)
    UPC Runtime warning: Requested shared memory (128 MB) > available (126 MB)
    on node 0 (toaster): using 63 MB per thread instead
    Welcome to Berkeley UPC!!!
     - Hello from thread 1
     - Hello from thread 0

    Any ideas on how I can make the make file stop thinking it's installed?

    Thanks,
    Jeremy