Re: Installing runtime on IBV network

From: Paul H. Hargrove (PHHargrove_at_lbl_dot_gov)
Date: Sun Jan 18 2009 - 17:13:54 PST

    The OpenFabrics/OpenIB headers are included as "#include
    <infiniband/verbs.h>" and similar.  Therefore the value
    IBV_INCLUDE=/use/include that configure has guessed should be correct.
    Please examine the file
    /home/jvespi/tmp/berkeley_upc-2.8.0/dbg/gasnet/config.log as the error
    message suggests.  You can search for the text "working IB Verbs" and
    see what sort of error messages the compiler and/or linker may have
    produced in the lines that follow.  My best guess is the libs.  You say
    they are in /usr/lib, but configure is guessing /usr/lib64.

    Since you indicate that setting IBV_INCLUDE is not working for you, I
    also noticed "(cached)" in most of the "checking..." messages.  It is my
    guess that you have a config.cache file in the dbg/gasnet directory that
    is feeding the results of your first attempt to configure each time you
    re-run it.  Between runs of configure, please be sure that there are no
    left-over config.cache files.  One way would be
      $ find . -name config.cache | xargs rm

    You should probably remove the config.cache files (if any) and re-run
    "./configure --enable-ibv" one more time (with IBV_INCLUDE unset) before
    checking the config.log file for the cause of the problem.  You may also
    want to set IBV_LIBDIR=/usr/lib if you are certain /usr/lib64 is incorrect.

    Let us know what you find in config.log and I can try to help you
    resolve whatever it may be.

    -Paul

    --
    Paul H. Hargrove                          PHHargrove_at_lbl_dot_gov
    Future Technologies Group                 Tel: +1-510-495-2352