Re: Installing runtime on IBV network

From: Paul H. Hargrove (PHHargrove_at_lbl_dot_gov)
Date: Mon Jan 19 2009 - 11:33:22 PST

    Searching the config.log for "working IB Verbs" as I suggested, one finds:
    > configure:77648: checking for working IB Verbs configuration
    > configure:77674: /usr/bin/gcc  -o conftest -g3 -Wall -Wno-unused
    > -Wpointer-arith -Wnested-externs -Wwrite-strings
    > -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wmissing-format-attribute
    > -I/usr/include -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE    conftest.c  -L/usr/lib
    > -libverbs -lpthread >&5
    > In file included from conftest.c:91:
    > /usr/include/infiniband/verbs.h:44:28: sysfs/libsysfs.h: No such file
    > or directory
    So, it looks like you are missing the sysfs header files.  I cannot say
    for sure what package you need to install because it differs among
    distributions.  However, looking at some systems I have access to,
    possibilities include at least "udev", "libsysfs-devel" and
    "sysfsutils-devel" on RPM-based systems and "libsysfs-dev" on
    Debian-based systems, but there are probably other possibilities on
    other distributions.  Once you have /usr/include/sysfs/libsysfs.h
    installed, you can try again to configure the Berkeley UPC runtime.

    -Paul

    --
    Paul H. Hargrove                          PHHargrove_at_lbl_dot_gov
    Future Technologies Group                 Tel: +1-510-495-2352