Re: About barriers

From: Dan Bonachea (bonachea_at_cs_dot_berkeley_dot_edu)
Date: Tue May 05 2009 - 18:27:33 PDT

    At 04:13 AM 4/18/2009, Nikita Andreev wrote:
    >It seems to me that in current GASP implementation in Berkeley UPC translator
    >fence as long as ordinary barrier generate NOTIFY and WAIT events.
    >Application and trace it generates are in enclosure. You can see many
    >ordinary barriers and fence in code but you won't see neither
    >GASP_UPC_BARRIER nor GASP_UPC_FENCE in trace file.

    BUPC compiles upc_barrier to the semantically equivalent upc_notify/upc_wait
    pair very early in translation, so you will never see a UPC_BARRIER event with
    BUPC. UPC_FENCE is one of the events that BUPC elects not to generate, again
    due to details of the way we translate the upc_fence statement.

    >And another question. Does GASP in Berkeley UPC translator support filename,
    >linenum and colnum args of gasp_event_notify event? As you can see in trace
    >file I provided linenum and colnum are always 0 and filenum equals to some
    >odd values.

    This code looks like it was compiled without --inst.

    -D