Re: upcrun + sockets

From: Paul H. Hargrove (PHHargrove_at_lbl_dot_gov)
Date: Tue Jun 09 2009 - 12:25:04 PDT

    Gabriele,

      We do not have direct control of process/thread pinning via upcrun.
    In particular the only placement-related arguments we pass to aprun are
    -n and -N.  However, on the Cray XT one can launch Berkeley UPC
    applications directly with aprun, for instance to use the -S and -d
    options.  The only thing to keep in mind if one does so is that many of
    the options to upcrun operate by setting environment variables.  So, if
    you use any non-default options to upcrun you should run 'upcrun -show
    <your args>' and look for lines beginning with "*** upcrun setting:", to
    find the env vars that are being used (you can safely ignore UPC_NODES
    and GASNET_SSH_SERVERS, which don't affect anything on the Cray XT).
      Let us know if you need more information.

    -Paul

    --
    Paul H. Hargrove                          PHHargrove_at_lbl_dot_gov
    Future Technologies Group                 Tel: +1-510-495-2352