Open64 Front End/ir_tools on Mac OSX 10.5?

From: Jeremy Abramson (abramson_at_isi_dot_edu)
Date: Tue Nov 10 2009 - 19:40:10 PST

    Hello all!
         As part of my dissertation research, I'm currently using Open64 to
    tackle some performance prediction/analysis questions.  Or, more
    accurately, I use the Open64 front ends to generate WHIRL .B files,
    which I then use external tools (based off things like ir_walker and
    ir_b2a if you're at all familiar with Open64) to manipulate them.
         I've noticed your group seems to have managed to get a fair amount
    of Open64 to compile under OSX.  I was just wondering if you actually
    generate .B files with your tool (under OSX) and if you think it would
    be that difficult to get the ir_tools to link against your OSX
    codebase.  I didn't see any of the normal ir_tools (ir_size, ir_a2b) or
    anything in your source tree.
         Anyway, I'm pretty sure getting ir_a2b.cxx to compile and link
    against your existing OSX code should be pretty straightforward, but I'm
    not particularly good at getting Makefiles and includes to agree with
    each other.  I can compile it to an object file, but the build
    environment is a little different than I'm used to, and adding more
    object files manually didn't really work.  So does anyone have any hints
    on getting that to work?  And also, as I mentioned, is there actually a
    --keep option to your tool, or any other way of getting .B files under
    OSX?
         If so, you may very well help a Ph.D. student get his wings. =]

    Thanks so much,
    Jeremy