suncc, NPB crashes

From: Andreev Nikita (nik_at_kemsu.ru)
Date: Wed Dec 23 2009 - 22:24:37 PST

    Hi,

    Another issue with suncc. I'm trying to run UPC NPB benchmark on Sun
    x86 machines cluster. I create jobs for every NPB kernel for
    1, 2, 4, 8, 16 and 32 threads. 1, 8, 16 and 32 compute fine, but 2 and 4
    everytime crash (for every kernel).

    I'm using Sun Ceres Studio IDE 9.0 Linux_i386 2009/03/06 compiler, udp
    conduit (ibv also crashes).

    make.def file which is used for compiling NPB is in attachment.

    For instance I ran mg kernel for 2 threads and saved the output with
    debug info. It's also in the attachment. There you can find also the
    job file which was used to run the job in question.

    Regards,
    Nikita