Atomic set for double

From: Dorian Krause (dorian.krause_at_usi.ch)
Date: Wed Feb 10 2010 - 15:27:06 PST

    Dear list,

    if I understand it correctly, the UPC standard does not provided any
    atomicity guarantees for load/store operations to the shared memory. Is
    there any way for implementing atomic set function for double values?

    BUPC provides the bupc_atomic* extensions which could be used for
    storing a 64 bit double value atomically. However, as I understand it
    these functions do not work if another thread accesses the memory region
    with upc_memget() instead of bupc_atomicX_read(), right?

    Thanks,
    Dorian