Berkeley UPC - Unified Parallel C
The Berkeley UPC-to-C translator, version 2.28.4|
The current release for use with Berkeley UPC Runtime version 20YY.M.P.
MD5 Hash = f37fab4098c9416a8bdeeed349bb4676
In order to use this translator, you must also install the Berkeley UPC Runtime on the target system(s).
Our UPC-to-C translator is based on the Open64 open source compiler. Unfortunately, due to C++ portability issues the translator does not build on as many systems as our runtime.
If you cannot build the translator on your target architecture, you still have the option of using your own translator: just build it on a different, supported machine, and then have your runtime access it via either HTTP or SSH. This is mainly useful if you have a private subnet that is not connected to the Internet. Instructions for setting up HTTP/SSH access are in the runtime's INSTALL.TXT file.The system configurations that have been extensively tested for hosting the translator are:
The following are less extensively tested and considered experimental:
- Linux x86-64 (32- or 64-bit)
- Apple OSX Intel x86 (32- or 64-bit)
- Linux PowerPC (little-endian) (64-bit only)
The following are no longer supported, but were still working when we were last able to test them:
- Linux i686 (32-bit only)
- Linux PowerPC (big-endian) (32- or 64-bit)
- Solaris 11 Intel (i86pc) (32- or 64-bit)
- FreeBSD i386 (32-bit only)
- FreeBSD amd64 (64-bit only)
- OpenBSD i386 (32-bit only)
- OpenBSD amd64 (64-bit only)
- NetBSD i386 (32-bit only)
- NetBSD amd64 (64-bit only)
- Linux ARM (32-bit only)
- Linux ARM64 (64-bit only)
- Linux IA64 (64-bit only)
- Linux mips64el (SiCortex) (64-bit only)
- Apple OSX PowerPC (32- or 64-bit)
- Solaris 10 Intel (i86pc) (32- or 64-bit)
- Solaris 10 SPARC (32- or 64-bit)
- Compaq/HP Tru64/Alpha (64-bit only)
- IBM AIX PowerPC (32-bit only)
On all of these platforms, 'g++' version 3.4 or above was used. Success has been reported using older versions of g++, but this is not regularly tested. This release has been tested with g++ versions ranging from 4.8.5 to 10.2.0.
You must have GNU 'make', 'perl' and 'csh' on your system.
Release notes and instructions on how to build the translator are contained in the README file in the top-level directory.
This page last modified on Friday, 28-Oct-2022 15:47:50 PDT