Re: UPC program acting like no synchronization

From: Marc L. Smith (mlsmith_at_colby_dot_edu)
Date: Sun Nov 06 2005 - 11:46:47 PST

    Hi Steve -- and everyone,

    Is this barrier question unique to such high-end platforms?  I've
    used the upc_barrier calls on my beowulf cluster without any problems
    -- at least, I don't think I'm having any problems.  :-)  One thought
    is you can't rely on the order print statements appear, as the
    buffering can fool you into thinking barriers are being ignored.  To
    test this theory, remove the barrier statements and see if the
    behavior is the same.

    -Marc