Re: Installation

jcduell_at_lbl_dot_gov
Date: Fri Nov 18 2005 - 16:27:09 PST

    On Fri, Nov 18, 2005 at 04:45:33PM -0500, Eric Frederich wrote:
    > Okay,
    >
    > So as for the remote nodes, as long as they have ssh running, have
    > access to the executable and data, and have the same version of the C
    > libraries installed they should be good to go and they don't need any
    > UPC installed on them?

    Yes, that *ought* to be all you need--it's not a well-tested
    configuration, but unless I've forgotten something, that's all you need.

    > These C files that result from running upcc do
    > not link against any kind of UPC library?

    They do, but we statically link in our UPC library, so it's entirely
    contained within the executable.

    > If I have a node that has hyperthreading, is there a way to tell UPC
    > to sent it twice as many processes as the other nodes? Would just
    > listing that node twice in the list of hosts work?

    Yes, listing the node hostname twice in the node list should work.

    Have fun,

    --
    Jason Duell             Future Technologies Group
    <jcduell_at_lbl_dot_gov>       Computational Research Division