Re: any examples of GNU Makefile dependencies?

jcduell_at_lbl_dot_gov
Date: Mon Nov 28 2005 - 11:17:33 PST

    On Sat, Nov 26, 2005 at 06:41:57PM -0800, Dan Bonachea wrote:
    > At 08:05 AM 11/26/2005, Steve Reinhardt wrote:
    > >Hi all,
    > >        I'm modifying a frequent subgraph code to use UPC.  It uses GNU
    > >        make to build it.  I'm not finding any examples of how to automatically
    > >create dependencies for .upc files.  Does somebody have an example of
    > >that?  Thanks.

    I'm not sure if what you're after is what Dan explained (using gcc to
    generate dependencies for specific files) or if you want to teach gmake
    how to build *.o files from *.upc ones.  If the latter, look at the
    upcc man page in the section called "A Makefile Example", and we show
    you how to do it there with make's SUFFIX rules:

        .SUFFIXES: .upc .o

         suffix rule for compiling .upc files
        .upc.o:
                $(UPCC) -c $(UPCFLAGS) -o $@ $<

    Cheers,

    --
    Jason Duell             Future Technologies Group
    <jcduell_at_lbl_dot_gov>       Computational Research Division