Run Code on Multiprocessors

From: Sirisha Muppavarapu (sirisham_at_cs_dot_unm_dot_edu)
Date: Tue Nov 29 2005 - 19:27:35 PST

    Hi...

    When I run my upc code, it says,

    WARNING: Node 0 running more threads (4) than there are physical CPU's (2)
             enabling "polite", low-performance synchronization algorithms

    I compiled my code with T=4 i.e 4 threads. The system is a linux system with 2
    processors. Can anyone plz suggest how to force the threads to run on all the
    processors of the machine and not just 1 processor. How do I make sure that
    code is indeed running on/using multiprocessors?

    Your help is highly appreciated.

    Thanks
    Sirisha

    Sirisha Muppavarapu