NAS UPC Benchmark on Bassi

From: Katie Antypas (kantypas_at_lbl_dot_gov)
Date: Thu Sep 06 2007 - 14:38:55 PDT

    Hi,

    I'm trying to build and run the NAS UPC Benchmarks on Bassi.  I'm able
    to successfully build and run the smp version but I'm running into
    problems trying to build and run with lapi.  I'm using the upc module
    installed on Bassi which has lapi as the default.

    The error I'm getting is:

    upcc ep.B.4.o -T 4  -o ./ep.B.4 ../common/c_randdp.o
    ../common/c_print_results.o ../common/c_timers.o ../common/c_wtime.o
    upcc: error running '/usr/bin/gmake --no-print-directory' to link
    application:
    ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .__xl_log.

    I'm running with static threads, but other than that I'm not passing any
    additional flags to the compiler.  In this application there are some
    small c utility files and I tried compiling those with xlc as well as
    upcc.  I guess in theory it shouldn't matter though?

    Do you have any ideas?

    Thanks,

    Katie Antypas
    NERSC User Services Group