Re: trouble using ibv-conduit

From: Steven D. Vormwald (sdvormwa_at_mtu_dot_edu)
Date: Tue Jan 08 2008 - 09:37:00 PST

    Paul H. Hargrove wrote:
    > Steven,
    >
    > I am bcc:ing this reply to a former member of the Berkeley UPC team
    > who is now at QLogic.  He may respond with additional information.
    >
    > I am the author of the ibv-conduit code in Berkeley UPC/GASNet.  I am
    > afraid that I have not encountered the specific error you see.
    > However, I see that you are using the InifiPath adapters, which I am
    > not certain support a full implementation of the OpenIB verbs.
    > Certainly all the MPI implementations that support QLogic's adapters
    > have been modified to use their "PSM" interface rather than IB Verbs.
    >
    > The only thing that I can suggest is to ensure that running
    > "ibv_devinfo" produces output something like the following:
    >
    > $ /opt/ofed/bin/ibv_devinfo
    > hca_id: mthca0
    >        fw_ver:                         1.2.0
    >        node_guid:                      0005:ad00:0005:85a4
    >        sys_image_guid:                 0005:ad00:0005:85a7
    >        vendor_id:                      0x02c9
    >        vendor_part_id:                 25204
    >        hw_ver:                         0xA0
    >        board_id:                       MT_0230000002
    >        phys_port_cnt:                  1
    >                port:   1
    >                        state:                  PORT_ACTIVE (4)
    >                        max_mtu:                2048 (4)
    >                        active_mtu:             2048 (4)
    >                        sm_lid:                 1
    >                        port_lid:               1010
    >                        port_lmc:               0x00
    >
    > If ibv_devinfo fails, then that means that the OpenIB verbs support is
    > not present.  If you do get output like the above, but don't see
    > "PORT_ACTIVE" then there is probably some configuration problem.  If
    > you do get output that indicates at least one ACTIVE port, then we can
    > start looking at GASNet details to figure where the problem lies.
    >
    > -Paul

    Paul,

    Thank you for the prompt response.  It looks like there are active ports
    on all the nodes.

    n1 $ ibv_devinfo
    hca_id: ipath0
            fw_ver:                         0.0.0
            node_guid:                      0011:7500:00ff:e309
            sys_image_guid:                 0011:7500:00ff:e309
            vendor_id:                      0x1fc1
            vendor_part_id:                 16
            hw_ver:                         0x2
            board_id:                       InfiniPath_QLE7140
            phys_port_cnt:                  1
                    port:   1
                            state:                  PORT_ACTIVE (4)
                            max_mtu:                2048 (4)