bug with global UPC variables

From: James Noble (james.at.brown_at_gmail_dot_com)
Date: Thu Feb 28 2008 - 11:53:57 PST

    Hi,

    I've discovered that a private copy of a global UPC variable is not
    made for each thread if the global variable is defined in a separate
    UPC source file.  I've observed this behavior for both BUPC 2.4 and
    2.6 with the smp and udp conduits with pthreads enabled.

    I've attached some files that demonstrates what I've stated.  The
    makefile will build two executables.  private-1.bin demonstrates that
    a global variables are handled correctly if the variable is used in
    the file that is was defined.  private-2.bin demonstrates that a
    global variable defined in a separate file is not handled correctly.

    --
    James Noble

    Box F
    Division of Applied Mathematics