pthreads and UPC ....

From: Tahar Amari (amari_at_cpht.polytechnique.fr)
Date: Sat Feb 14 2009 - 04:58:01 PST

    Hello Paul,

    Many thanks for this detailed reply.

    SInce I am  new with UPC, it is not a criticism at all but simply some
    thoughts before starting.
    UPC seems certainlbut to be much easier to use than MPI.

    I worry a little bit about bugs, and so how reliable it would be to
    put our projects to UPC.
    I saw on the FAQs that there were some bugs and sometime some reply
    like " thanks for this bug
    , we do not have anybody working on this right now , but will consider
    it the future".

    Is is the same for all implementation, IBM, HP ?

    Please understand again that I just want to enquire before making the
    "big jump" because
    I feel very interested by UPC, but do not want to face compiler
    problems which I do not control,
    when I hardly yet control the numerical or physical problems.

    Thank you very much for your impression,

    Tahar

    Le 13 f�vr. 09 � 22:24, Paul H. Hargrove a �crit :