ping pong in UPC

From: Jose Vicente Espi (jvespi_at_gmail_dot_com)
Date: Thu Jul 23 2009 - 12:54:58 PDT

    Hello,

    I'm testing performance of UPC communications in an UDP network,
    comparing it with MPI ping pong bandwith/latency test. But  I didn't get
    the results that I expected, based in the tests made in
    http://gasnet.cs.berkeley.edu/performance/.

    I'm probably doing something wrong, functions used for transferring data
    are upc_memput and upc_memget. Only with message sizes smaller than 512
    bytes I get a little better performance than MPI. For larger message
    sizes performance become worse.

    Have you got an example of code for measuring performance of UPC vs MPI
    in ping pong bandwith test?

    Thanks in advance.

    Jose Vicente.