Re: QUESTION: as a new UPC user

From: Paul H. Hargrove (PHHargrove_at_lbl_dot_gov)
Date: Fri Feb 05 2010 - 17:25:50 PST

    Evi,

    The translator CGI is meant to talk to the upcc driver, not to people.
    It expects to receive a tar file via an HTTP POST command.  It you want
    to try out an interactive interface to our UPC-to-C translator try
    https://upc-bugs.lbl.gov//upc_tests/translate.php

    Is there any error output after the line "upcc: error during UPC-to-C
    translation (sgiupc stage): "?  The output following that line should
    indicate the specific error.  The part about "during remote HTTP
    translation" is just an indication of what stage the compilation reached.

    The translator would have been used by the upcc driver even for a
    hello-world application that didn't contain any extensions beyond ISO
    C.  So, the use of UPC keywords by itself would not account for an error
    where there was not one before.  Based on the text of your email, my
    guess is that you may have used "upc-forall" when "upc_forall" was
    intended, or have some other syntax problem.

    -Paul