Re: Atomic set for double

From: Paul H. Hargrove (PHHargrove_at_lbl_dot_gov)
Date: Wed Feb 10 2010 - 16:44:53 PST

    Dorian,

    I am 98% sure that you are correct that UPC does not guarantee atomicity
    for programs with data races.
    You are also correct that the bupc_atomic_* extensions only provide for
    atomicity among accesses made via bupc_atomic_*.

    I am not aware of any portable manner in which one can obtain atomicity
    in UPC except via locks or barriers.

    -Paul

    --
    Paul H. Hargrove                          PHHargrove_at_lbl_dot_gov
    Future Technologies Group                 Tel: +1-510-495-2352