Makefile bug

From: Marc L. Smith (mlsmith_at_colby_dot_edu)
Date: Tue Jun 21 2005 - 21:07:58 PDT

    Hi,

    Just learned about UPC from a colleague and plan to include its use
    in my undergrad parallel and distributed processing course in the
    fall.  I encountered the following problem during my gmake step, and
    fixed it.   Here are the details:

    I was building UPC on my RocketCalc cluster, running Suse Linux on
    Xeon processors.  The Makefile in the detect-upc directory had a typo
    in the rule to build scanner.c -- here's the line:

    scanner.c: scanner.l detect_upc.h

    I needed to change detect_upc.h to detect-upc.h  (changed the
    underscore to a hyphen)
    The rest of the gmake worked fine -- I think.  I'm still following
    the installation procedures.

    If it helps, I installed from the tarball, and configured with the
    following command:

    ./configure CC=/opt/intel_cc_80/bin/icc CXX=/opt/intel_cc_80/bin/icpc
    MPI_CC=/opt/lam/7.1.1/gnu/bin/mpicc --prefix=/opt/upc

    (and now, back to my install...)

    -Marc

    --
    Marc L. Smith