Cryptic UPC Compiler Error

From: Jonathan L Brown (jonlbro_at_eecs_dot_umich_dot_edu)
Date: Mon May 29 2006 - 21:42:02 PDT

    Hello,

    I've had the following error message appear in a compilation on seaborg
    and bassi at NERSC, which use the web service "phone home" compiler.
    This just started, with makefiles that used to build no longer building
    and dying on this error:

    upcc: error compiling translated C code:
    "_SYSTEM", line 37.19: 1506-334 (S) Identifier __TV_s2s_disabled has
    already been defined on line 31 of "_SYSTEM".
    gmake: *** [upc_sort.trans.o] Error 1

    I don't have a _SYSTEM flag defined in any of my code.  Can anyone shed
    some light on this?

    Thank you,

    Jonathan Brown

    --