Translator Comparison

From: Brett Worth (brett_at_worth.id.au)
Date: Fri Nov 07 2008 - 14:40:39 PST

    Hello.  I'm very much a UPC novice and am in the process of getting it running on our
    cluster so that real programmers can use it.  I've been waiting for the 2.8 release of the
     Berkeley runtime so I can build with the current gccupc translator.

    It just dawned on me that I could just grab the Berkeley UPC-to-C translator and get going
    now.

    I'm unable to use the web based translator due to the system not being connected to the
    Internet.

    My question is:  which should I use?  Is there an advantage to use one or the other?

    Regards
    Brett