Re: UPC with Sun backend compiler

From: Paul H. Hargrove (PHHargrove_at_lbl_dot_gov)
Date: Tue Dec 22 2009 - 02:10:57 PST

    Nikita,

    I managed to locate the download for the proper Sun cc and can reproduce
    the problem.  In fact, I can reproduce with the following simple C example:

    $cat q.c
        struct S { int * const b; };

        struct S function(int * const b) {
          struct S val = { b };
          return val;
        }

    $ suncc -c q.c
    "q.c", line 5: left operand must be modifiable lvalue: op "="
    cc: acomp failed for q.c

    So, I believe this is a bug in the Sun C compiler.
    I will look for a work around.

    -Paul

    --
    Paul H. Hargrove                          PHHargrove_at_lbl_dot_gov
    Future Technologies Group                 Tel: +1-510-495-2352