Two-dimensional block allocation in UPC

From: P Mehta ([email protected])
Date: Tue May 18 2004 - 08:12:17 PDT

    Hello,

      I am testing out UPC as a system for parallel programming and was
    curious about a particular form of memory allocation.

      Is there an idiom or workaround or simple solution to allocate blocks of
    memory to different threads?  For example, if I have a square,
    two-dimensional array, can I assign each quadrant to one of four separate
    arrays?  It seems, with the current set-up, that I can assign whole
    columns, or blocks of columns to a particular thread, but not
    two-dimensional blocks as pictured in the attachment.

    Thank you for your help,

    Paras Mehta

    block_alloc.gif